Global Spa Summit 2012, 4-6 June, Aspen, Colorado
At the beginning of the 2000's, a group of industry leaders decided to create and fund a conference modeled in part after the successful format of the not-for-profit World Economic Forum held each year in Davos, Switzerland, where leaders from all parts of the world gather to solve shared problems. Thus the Global Spa Summit was founded. The Summit (GSS) is held annually, beginning on the third Sunday in May.
Today Global Spa Summit is an invitation-only event where thought leaders join together to help shape the future of the global spa and wellness industry. The goal of GSS is to provide the industry with an intimate, high-level gathering where CEOs and representatives from diverse sectors such as hospitality, finance, architecture and real estate, medicine, manufacturing, technology, consulting, and other related industries can network, learn, and share ideas to better the industry. Attracting top-level business executives from all over the world, GSS brings together industry movers and shakers, all with the common goal of moving the spa and wellness sector forward.
The Summit has been responsible for some of the most important recent spa industry research, including the landmark “Global Spa Economy Report” and “Spas and the Global Wellness Market: Synergies and Opportunities” (both conducted by SRI International). The GSS was honored as the "Spa Event of the Year" for both 2009 and 2010 by AsiaSpa magazine’s awards program.
A variety of interactive sessions are on the Summit agenda. They include panel-led discussions, general sessions, small group breakout sessions, and hosted dining conversations. Efforts are made to ensure that all attendees participate at whatever level they choose: observer, panelist, contributor, questioner, or table host.
- Create community by fostering relationships among global industry leaders; facilitate friendly dialogue and the exchange of ideas; act as a catalyst for continued conversations beyond Summit meetings.
- Establish a common language and understanding across regions and continents, while respecting individual identities and market realities.
- Create and endorse uniform measurement systems for performance tracking and benchmarking of spas worldwide.
- Initiate, gather and trumpet quality industry research on a global basis
- Provide accurate and reliable information for the investment community
- Identify and assist in resolving issues affecting the spa and wellness industries
- Function as a hub for global industry resources