According to a recent survey by AirHelp, which has been ranking airlines for years, the list of the world’s best airports is topped by Singapore’s Changi airport. Kuwait airport is right on the other end of the list.
AirHelp, which is a startup that guides travelers applying for compensation after postponed, terminated or overbooked flights, based the ranking on the airport's Skytrax rating, punctuality data, and social media (where tweets were analyzed to determine if they are positive, neutral or negative).
This year, record number of travelers have been on the road and in the air globally, thus not all airports might be ready for such an influx, especially in the U.S.. Only one U.S. airline made the top 10 in the international airport ranking of AirHelp,
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport (CVG) outperformed others in the analysis, which evaluated 76 airports across the globe over a three-month duration focusing on the quality, service, punctuality of flights and analysis of more than 130,000 tweets.
Singapore Changi Airport took the top spot as the best airport with a general AirHelp Score of 9.07. The airport has been on the top of many best airports rankings and is well known for incredible engineering, efficient operation, and lavish enhancements.
Top 10 Best Airports (scores)
1. Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore, Singapore (9.07)
2. Munich International Airport, Munich, Germany (8.66)
3. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong, China (8.42)
4. Copenhagen Kastrup Airport, Copenhagen, Denmark (8.04)
5. Helsinki - Vantaa Airport, Helsinki, Finland (8.03)
6. Cincinnati Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati, USA (7.94)
7. Barcelona - El Prat Airport, Barcelona, Spain (7.90)
8.Madrid Adolfo Suarez-Barajas, Madrid, Spain (7.81)
9. Auckland International Airport, Auckland, New Zealand (7.80)
10. Frankfurt International Airport, Frankfurt, Germany (7.76)
While the title of the worst airport on the globe went to Kuwait, which got a poor on-time performance score of 4.7 and lost points for bad services, UK did not do very well either. Three UK airports made it to the top 10.
Top 10 Worst Airports
1. Kuwait Airport, Kuwait
2. London Gatwick Airport, UK
3. Manchester Airport, UK
4. Newark Liberty International Airport, USA
5. London Stansted Airport, UK
6. Edinburgh Airport, UK.
7. Mumbai Airport, India
8. Dubai International Airport, UAE
9. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand
10. Delhi Airport, India